Covenant of Welcome
David’s United Church of Christ
As exemplified by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ,
the congregation of David’s Church welcomes and affirms the worth of all people.
At David’s Church, we strive to be an inclusive and liberating congregation
where all people can be their true selves and feel safe and free.
We celebrate God’s unconditional acceptance of every individual and
Jesus’ commandment to love one another.
Therefore, we invite, embrace, and support:
- those of all ages and household compositions
- those who are conventional Christians, questioning skeptics, or somewhere between
- those of all cultures and ethnicities
- those of all mental and physical abilities
- those of all political and theological backgrounds and beliefs
- those of all sexual orientations and gender identities
- those alienated, rejected, oppressed, or imprisoned by society
- those of all socioeconomic conditions
- those who have lost hope and those who hope for a better world
to participate fully in the life, leadership, ministry, fellowship, worship,
sacraments, responsibilities, blessings, sorrows, and joys of our church family.
Whoever you are,
know that at David’s Church, you are both worthy and welcome.
Wherever you are on life’s journey,
we invite you to walk with us as we seek to
“do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God.” (Micah 6:8)